Escape From Slugville Escape From Slugville

unhappy face ):

after reading the reviews and seeing that you put months of work into this game, I really, REALLY wanted to enjoy this game

but to be brutally honest...its just not very good.
there are many bugs, for example when I was in the 'press shift to make the platform go up' room, checking the map caused me to teleport back to the top.
Also with the squished octopus thing (im assuming) it was already crushed when I came to it, even though I didn't push any rock.

the walk cycle is a bit juttery, I can't really say much, I couldn't of made a better one, but still It could of been a bit better.

you do have good ideas in this game, the rising slime room was cool, and the whole exploration over violence idea you have is nice to see, but it just seems under cooked

the walking speed was just terrible,it got especialy annoying after I fell down the same hole three times in a row.

alot of things don't make sense either:
why is there a techno room in a slimey slugfilled world?
was there any point of that bell?
and why call it slugville in the first place to be honest, I saw two snails and...a giant killer robot which shoot missiles out of its mouth?...WTF?!

the entire game gave a whole 'unfinished vibe' in my opinion.

It makes me unhappy to give a low score, because you've obviously put alot of effort into this game, but in the end I didn't have much fun playing the game.

hope you do better next time!
Lankie ^^

The Atlas Station The Atlas Station

cool

its a cool game but its not the best. To be honest there no real puzzle solving. but you get points for the great pictures and the atmosphere you created.

the music kept me on my toes and when that tower shot me i almost had a heart attack!

keep up the good work. but get more puzzles in there

Stochastic Stochastic

very good

i really liked this, it had a good charm to it.

the music fitted the game perfectly, it was very intense and i always felt unsafe, which is very cool.

I personally liked the controls, you get used to them easily and it made it more chalenging. I eventually did complete it (46599 points ^^) and it was satisfying to complete, mainly from the paranoia that the one block island i was ocupying would be crushed!

there can be improvements to it though, like make all the blocks transparent and not have a button for it, i found that i never had time to check were i am. also different sprites would be nice.

overall though a very fun and addictive game! well done!

Spin the black circle Spin the black circle

very good

its a unique game that actually requires skill, they are very rare indeed
the music fit the slow gameplay well and I have nothing against the graphics (although they could be it a bit beter).

its also very hard, not because it cheats you or it is stupid challenges, but because it actually tests the skills you learnt in the (kind of) tutorial bits, i like that in games.

oh and the title is pure genious! ^^